Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Luzon
August 10th 1999
Published: February 10th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Philippines 1999


This trip was for a wedding. We were based in Manila and had to go shopping a couple of times. It wasn't easy then to go too far, especially because we had to cross the whole congested city to go anywhere and that with the rainy season, some roads were difficult.

In Manila we stayed in a middle class neighborhood. It was very comfortable, but we only had ac in one room, and temperature was well over 36 Celsius and 100% humidity all the time, so it was tough. In the city lots of slums, metal sheet "houses", but also very rich places, often side by side... which is a culture shock. Also, almost at every store in town, one or more armed guards. It's also a shock..but after a while you get use to it.

For the wedding reception, we went to Tagaytay in the mountains.The climate was much cooler there and it was a welcome relief!! It's close to Taal volcano and lake. Sadly, the volcano was not accessible due to increased sulfurous gas emissions so we could go. Sniff, sniff. :-(

At end of the trip we spent a weekend in puerto azul golf and resort. it's a pleasant place with bamboo huts with ac. It's located by the beach.... but sea is not always clean with all garbage from Manila...

We did a little activity. To visit a nearby estuary on a raft. Not saw many animals, (mainly crabs ), but it was smooth.

We then left back to Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

View of Taal lake and volcano.View of Taal lake and volcano.
View of Taal lake and volcano.

Too much gas that day. no visits.


Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 25; qc: 90; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb