CEBU ITINERARY #Cebusquads


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Cebu City
July 14th 2016
Published: September 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

One of the major reason of my annual vacation in the Philippines is because of the 10 months old Cebu air ticket which I booked 2 months after I arrived here in Oman (Promo rate as usual- I'm a sucker of airfare promos- haha). Good thing I was able to invite some of my previous closest workmates to tag along. So #Cebusquads are all set to invade the Queen City of the South!

The only downfall of this trip is the Flight schedule that I booked for my friends. Originally we planned to merge Cebu-Bohol tour but the timings of our flight won't permit us. So squeezing everything out of 3 nights and 2 days were our travel goal.



Day 1

Arrived at Cebu: 11:30 AM

Rode a shuttle bus going to SM Cebu to grab our lunch (25.00/person).

If you are travelling with bulky luggage before you enter the mall proper, you can immediately notice the Traveler's lounge to leave all your luggage with fee. Prices may vary depending on the size and quantity of your baggage.

We had our lunch to one of the steakhouse restaurant. (I can't remember the name
Rooms for dessertRooms for dessertRooms for dessert

Enjoying their Frappe
but the price is less than 150/meal, reasonable enough). Made some last minute shopping at the mall (not me but Ate Janice- for her aura outfits)

I was really looking for a dessert restaurant that was featured in Rated K days before our Cebu Trip. Found out that it was located on different SM. Since it was a bit far in our existing location, we decided to check-in to our chosen accommodation. (Note: My bestest friend already informed and notified the guest house in advance so they kinda expecting us. No reservation fee or down payment during the queries from previous weeks.)

Cebu Guest house (Mango Avenue Fuente Osmena)- tadaaa! and we just reached our humble abode for 3 days. Actually it is not your glamour and "sosyal" hotel that you guys were expecting if you are on vacation mode. But since we are the backpacker type of tourist (Lakwacherang kuripot) haha..we settle for something cheap yet comfortable enough for sleeping and bathing. Halleer?..our itinerary is so tight kaya so we only need a bed and bathroom literally..hehe (1100+/night ) good for 5 people not bad aye?

SM Seaside- Since the mall is really new, most of the stores are not yet fully operational. The set-up and mood for this mall is same to Mall of Asia, if we have the "Globe', SM seaside have the "Cube". ahaha. They have like a park or something outside on top overlooking the city. One acoustic band was performing during our visit. Majority of the people hanging out were teens.

Rooms for Desserts- So finally we were able to locate the dessert shop. But unfortunately the trending and very "in" offer of them was out of stock. (cotton candy with ice cream on top) how sad was that?. So we settle for their frappe/shake. (100/each).

First on the list of our itinerary is buffet experience at Crown Regency Hotel and Tower. Since the rest of my #Cebusquads are arriving by 8:00 PM, we decided to meet-up on the hotel itself.

The International buffet is inclusive of 1 extreme ride (Skyline Experience) on which the hotel is well known as well. (750/person).

The buffet experience was good. I enjoyed the foods that varies from Filipino, Chinese, Japanese Cuisine. But tips for you guys, better to come early so you can try most of the dishes. We came a bit late so most of the chafing dishes were empty and not refilled anymore (Sky bar closes at 10:00 PM).

Skywalk Experience- So here is the challenging part. Since it is included on what we paid for might as well grab it right?.You have other options for the Skyline experience. You can check their website for other details.

We were asked to wear their safety suit and gear. All cameras were not allowed and your supposed to be in rubber shoes or sandals/slippers with ties (slip on is not allowed). A testimony of braveness and courage!. During the first few steps you will feel that both of your knees are shaking, like learning to walk the first time. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating again but this is a point of view of a self confessed acrophobic (person with irrational or extreme fear of heights)haha. Good thing only for few meters that you're walking on glass panel..eventually it became like an aluminum pathway, still scary especially if the guide and photographer were asking you to pose either to sit, lift your legs, raise your arms..etc.hayss..anyhow..it was very liberating and an exciting experience... another check from my bucket list (tapping my own back- well done Sha-ne) haha.

So much adrenaline rush for 1st day not bad.

End of Day 1 reached guest house by 11:00 PM

Day 2- Cebu City Tour

Okay for our 2nd day itinerary we already planned for a whole day city tour. My squads already booked a van to tour us. (Van for hire: 3500/8 hours-20 seating capacity additional 300 for every extra hours) So here's the list on where we went chronologically.

Alegre Guitars- no entrance fee, you will be guided by the staff there with brief information on the process of making a guitar. I planned to buy one but everything was so expensive. So I just took photos with them (sigh).

Lapu Lapu Shrine- Just a simple park. You can rent umbrella with somebody holding it for you. (If you are so maarte. haha). I think in our quest to visit most of the tourist spots in Cebu we just spent 10-15 minutes for every area. Click a lot of selfies, groupie and voila!,. next stop!

Fort San Pedro- This is the small version of Fort Santiago Manila. Historical place with mini museums featuring some events long time ago and Cebu transitions. (Not a fan of history so I did not really dwell deeply to the place). (Entrance fee: 50.00)

Yap Sandiego Ancestral Home- I cannot review this place because we didn't actually enter because of 50.00 entrance fee. We just took photo outside the house. haha (#kuripotmoves)

But before passing the ancestral house we were asked to go down to the Parian District, with significant Parian monument that encapsulates the history of Cebu.

Magellan's Cross, Basilica De Sto Nino- Both are just nearby. Our driver drop us to the Island Souvenir shop and was told to just explore within the area. If you want to buy good and cheap souvenirs, you can find it within the market areas (Use your tawad skills).

Of course the very famous Magellan's cross wherein you can find a lot of Cebuano prayer warriors offering you candle and they will sing and dance while praying for your request. (100.00/one set of candles).

During lunch time we requested to try the Cebu's Lechon, so our driver brought us to Zubuchon at Escario Street. Food was superb!.Even the simplest menu like pakbet are so yummy with bits of their lechon. Prices are reasonable enough. I think we paid 300+ each for a very busolved lunch.

After our lunch we traveled for almost half an hour to reach the Cebu Taoist temple at Beverly Hills subdivision. I have seen 2 Taoist temple from different places (Kota kinabalu & Baguio) and I can say that they are very consistent with regards to stairs, (kidding!) haha..I mean..the serenity and calmness that they can offer. Too peaceful and quiet, they will give you a checklist to follow once you enter the temple.

Temple of Leah (Entrance: 50.00)- Place is still under construction that's why they are asking for entrance to maintain the area. Spectacular view, and Ancient Rome ambiance. I read that it was built out of love for his wife (Ellen Adarna's father- not sure though). So like Taj Mahal story I guess.

We didn't get a chance to go to Tiptop View overlooking Cebu city, since our driver told us that same view we can see from Temple of Leah.

We exceeded 1 hour for the original timings, but it was a day well spent. Even the selfie stick of Ate Janice did not survived!.haha.

For our 3rd day (Oslob Whale Shark Watching) I will post separate blog about it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Temple of LeahTemple of Leah
Temple of Leah

Ancient Rome ambiance


Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb