Goodbye Nepal! : (


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
November 26th 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As much as it pains me to admit...i have now left one of the most wonderful countries in the world & moved on to the next country. Really didn't want to leave, but visa was running out & i decided i should spend some time in india too...means i have much unfinished business to return to in nepal!! yeay!

so...here is a quick run-down of what i did in the last few weeks of nepal..

- Had a wonderful time with the family & great celebrations for tihar (diwali) with all the lights, food, music & dancing..

- rafting & camping out for 3 days along the kali gandaki river - so much fun! loved the capsizing & having to be rescued! good job the weather was good...three days of being wet can get pretty cold! lots of fun around the campfire with music, dancing & much yummy food!

- PARAGLIDE - over Phewa Lake in pokara...breathtaking again & beautiful scenery...really felt like i was flying! but actually, i think skydiving has just that much more of a thrill to it! but it really was great.

- Patan, Bhaktapur...both really interesting cities...temples & historical stuff!

- Kathmandu...spend a few more days here as i really love it! all the cities are so buzzing with the wonders of everyday life here that i can just spend hours people watching!.....& trying the many yummy foods around & get FAT, FAT FAT!!

- Nagarkot - beautiful 360degree views of the himalayas from the other side (east of kathmandu)...great sunrise & sunsets.

- Bhudhanilkahta...another festival...the awakening of the god narayan so lots of interesting ceremonies & rituals being performed.

- lumbini...the real bithplace of Buddha himself...fascinating town & really interesting villages...got a real vibe for life in terai.


then...after much deliberation, i decided to cross the border into india...not at all feeling like i had spent more than enough time in nepal, but sure that i will have to return...definitely one of my favourite countries!


Advertisement



26th November 2007

Whieeee!
Hey lovely! Great to hear you had a good time in Nepal... Beautiful country, isn't it? With Laos my favourites too in Asia :) I'll mail you soon soon soon! It's terrible to find time here, it's not like travelling anymore... Strange, how quick you have to adapt again to normal daily life. Be aware of that! What you are doing is a once in a lifetime experience!! And how's India??! A complete world in itself, huh! Haha, I'm looking forward to your stories... Agra is gorgeous, you'll love it! Hugs! Jas

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb