Edit Blog Post
Published: November 26th 2007
As much as it pains me to admit...i have now left one of the most wonderful countries in the world & moved on to the next country. Really didn't want to leave, but visa was running out & i decided i should spend some time in india too...means i have much unfinished business to return to in nepal!! yeay!
so...here is a quick run-down of what i did in the last few weeks of nepal..
- Had a wonderful time with the family & great celebrations for tihar (diwali) with all the lights, food, music & dancing..
- rafting & camping out for 3 days along the kali gandaki river - so much fun! loved the capsizing & having to be rescued! good job the weather was good...three days of being wet can get pretty cold! lots of fun around the campfire with music, dancing & much yummy food!
- PARAGLIDE - over Phewa Lake in pokara...breathtaking again & beautiful scenery...really felt like i was flying! but actually, i think skydiving has just that much more of a thrill to it! but it really was great.
- Patan, Bhaktapur...both really interesting cities...temples & historical stuff!
- Kathmandu...spend a few more days here as i really love it! all the cities are so buzzing with the wonders of everyday life here that i can just spend hours people watching!.....& trying the many yummy foods around & get FAT, FAT FAT!!
- Nagarkot - beautiful 360degree views of the himalayas from the other side (east of kathmandu)...great sunrise & sunsets.
- Bhudhanilkahta...another festival...the awakening of the god narayan so lots of interesting ceremonies & rituals being performed.
- lumbini...the real bithplace of Buddha himself...fascinating town & really interesting villages...got a real vibe for life in terai.
then...after much deliberation, i decided to cross the border into india...not at all feeling like i had spent more than enough time in nepal, but sure that i will have to return...definitely one of my favourite countries!
Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.008s; 1; m:saturn w:www (22.214.171.124); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb