Outline of India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
November 28th 2007
Published: December 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

India has been amazing! here is the last 3 weeks in a nutshell....

travelled overland from nepal to varanasi, really easy border crossing, long & 'interesting bus & tuk tuk journeys, but eventually got to varanasi. for once i was lucky enough to be there for the annual festival of dev divali...beautiful with the whole riverside covered in candles & lights, ceremonies, rituals, singing, dancing..so much going on!
got invitied to and attended 2 weddings...very interesting...wore a sari to be the part too! loved just wandering around varanasi...hte markets, people watching, the ghats...fascinating watching the people cremating and then bathing, washing clothes in the same river.

agra...taj mahal...dressed like an indian and got in for local price...saved myself a good 720rupees...enough to keep me going here for a few days!! and of course it was such a beautiful sight!!

jaipur..the pink city..ok city...bit too busy for my liking tho! watched a great indian movie here...all the usual singing dancing and probably the nicesst and most luxurious cinema ive ever been to!!

pushkar...wonderful place...most chilled out place so far surrounding a smaller ghat. loved it. also very great shopping opportunities...oh dear...i had problems resisting!!

Jaisalmer...the golden city...all building made of sandstone...desert area. really liked it here...very peaceful.

khuri...small desert village...lovely...mud huts and so relaxing. spend couple days in the desert sleeping on the sand dunes under the beautiful stars...not quite as immense desert as in morocco and much more vegetation, but still amazing to do it again...tho i had forgotten how painfully uncomfortable riding a camel was!!

jodphur...blue city...yes, many houses painted blue! and very interesting and probably one of the most important fort. big city tho, so didnt stay too long!

mount abu...really beautiful hill town surrounding a lake...took time just to chill and enjoy...am beginning to feel lazy now the time is nearly over so wanting to just chill!!

udaiphur...arrived today...many lakes and gardens to visit so i should be happy for a few days!!

food....gorgeous!! eating many samosa/type things, kachori, many fried things, cakes of all sorts...of course i have to try everything new that i see...which means im eating all the time!!! loving the chappatis, veg subji stuff, rice, spicy random things....and of course the delicious indian chai...at least every hour from street vendors!! im officially addicted!!

loving the general area of rajastan / the region ive ben in for the last few days...so colourful the people, clothes and way of life....and of course the food!!

general travelling around...has been completely fine! dont know why people complain about india..ive found no problems at all...in fact it has been one of the easiest countries so far and people very friendly and helpful...no problems with aggression or the fact that im a single girl!

wish i had more time for this country...but once again...i shall have to return!....definitely want to come back for some kind of voluntary work...poverty and the need for much help is very evident everywhere.

anyway....thats all for now...only a few days remaining so im gona make the most of it.


byeeee


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb