The Nepali life!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
November 10th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

soooooooooooooooo

amazing trek around the annapurna circuit. took a bit longer than i might have, as i was happy taking it slow & soaking up all the wonders around! views were breathtaking, perfect weather everyday...clear blue skies & sunshine...wonderful against the white snow! the trail was fantastic, passing beautiful streams, valleys, waterfalls...i was amazed how green the scenery was along the way...so many trees! quaint villages we passed throughout...mainly tibetan & so buddhist was the main religion..hence not so many celebrating the big dasain festival, which was a pitty, but i managed to see some signs of the festivities along the way...wooden swings erected at the start of the villages, people with BIG colourful tikkas on their foreheads, decorations & offerings, etc...all interesting to see.
got on amazingly with my porter & ended up staying with the family for a few days...now they have officially adopted me as part of the family...so i'm still staying with them around the mountain areas of annapurna...really getting to understand the local life & being fed WAAAAAY too much dahl baht...but i can't complain, having an amzing time with them all, helping with everyday stuff...collecting rice, making butter, etc & playing with the lovely children...still struggling with nepali speaking but im trying hard!
now we are preparing for the divali celebrations...everyone going crazy with the decorations, lights, food, dancing, singing, etc. i feel so lucky to be a part of this!!

love to you all

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb