Traditional Nepali Village


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
December 5th 2011
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 27.9392, 84.4168

Given our late departure from Bhairahawa because of the fire we decided to stop half way to Kathmandu in a lovely little town that does not allow cars or motorcycles to drive in the main street. Firstly we could not believe this to be true given the rest of Nepal, however it was reality. Little coffee stalls and a slate paved road fantastic views of the Annapurna Range which looked very impressive in the afternoon sun. It was the first real view of the Snow since our arrival, normally the view is clouded with a slight mist.

The road to Bandipur was a single width road that climbed steeply fro 8 kms from the valley floor withnumersour switch backs. Now the Enfield was heavy, the base weight is 180kgs and with Lisa and me plus luggage it was heavy. so every switch back was back to first gear and wobbled arrond the corner, Lisa and i had difficulty in synchronizing our leaning into the corners, i would lean a little, she would lean a little so the result was 2 lots of little's was too little to early.

The place we stayed at had hot water which actually came out of a shower head, normally the two options are not found at the same time. So given Lisa and I were still smelly from the fire we had a hot shower. The bathroom had a large glass window in it that looked out at the Annapurna Range so one could blissfully day dream about climbing the Range whilst enjoying the sensation of hot steamy water washing the crude and soothing the Enfield Butt... Must see if we can get some new foam for the seat.....A good old Aussie Sheep Skin would do the trick but sadly Yaks and Goats are as near as we get.

The next day we awoke feeling fresh and a little keen to do a hike up the mountain behind our guest house to a temple and hopefully good view... However clouds had blown in from China so not too much was seen. But none the less we did a short trek..It was steep enough for us to wonder why the hell people pay good money to do that.

The view from the top was pretty amazing and Lisa commented she felt like Bear Grills... I do not really understand what she means by this however... maybe it being in somewhat extreme locations.




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

TrekkingTrekking
Trekking

Look closely and you will see Lisa


8th December 2011

WOW - these look like clouds. Beautiful.
9th December 2011

This is such a Beautiful part of the world!! Thank you for sharing. I Love my creator! =)
17th December 2011

gorgeous town!

Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb