Chickens in a basket


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
April 13th 2008
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I stayed her for over a week at Greenland hotel which was really nice. I met vita on the bus from Chitwan and that was the start of many laughs!!! I wanted to go paragliding but there was no space so we all went up the mountain to watch. We ended up in a local’s house up there drinking coffee and eating omelettes (it later turned out that this man was our trekking guide’s brother, what a small world). The walk down the hill took us all day and wasn’t the best idea to do in flip flops!

we met up with the Andy’s (all 3 of them) it’s funny as me and jade have continually bumped into them the whole trip since the 2nd week in India, we decided that we really should all meet up for a drink. Me and jade drank one too many beers and couldn’t find our hotel, we were up and down the street for at least an hour despite the fact our street was really opposite the pub we had been in all night!

The funniest part of being here was the party we went to on top of a mountain somewhere, we took a tent (which was really a chicken basket) and never slept in due to the amount of people that seemed to want to congregate right outside. There were people from all over, Koreans, Israelis, Nepalese, us, lots of crazy people I think it was all very amusing especially when Sue (a girl we met in India) turned up in her home made tu tu made out of a pink mosquito net and accidentally drank petrol (that was in a water bottle) thinking it was a bottle of water as it was dark... ugh.

The walk home however was not funny, a million miles down the side of a mountain, no bus and with a tent in toe. I was glad to be back and slept the whole day after.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

the chicken basket the chicken basket
the chicken basket

ere this was the begining of the end...never got a wink slepp in this tent!
very crazy nightvery crazy night
very crazy night

anyone for an omlette???


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb