back in Pokhara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 21st 2018
Published: October 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

The final day had just a 1-h hike. After that, a 4h bus ride took me back to Pokhara. I have some video's, but this site won't let me upload them. Imagine 5 or six flower pots with fake flowers and a shrine on the dashboard. A very happy driver in a bouncy chair behind a big wheel, and a tall bus, to go trough rivers and stuff. The bus was very shaky and overtook other buses and vehicles where it could. Oftentimes just driving beside the crumbling asphalt, we finally saw after the first 2h. During that time, we just drove over cobbles, rocks and rivers. Hairpin turns and paths that you would not expect a bus to be able to make.

The first part also had some nepali/indian music that was turned off when the guy that sells tickets needed his phone back. The theme was this: every time someone was at the side of the road, that guy would get out, ask them 'Pokhara, pokhara, pokhara?' and negotiate a price. Then hit the side of the bus twice and the bus got moving again. At the end of the route, we got back in town. There were subtle signs of deshain, the festival all around: people with the red tikka-blessing on their forehead, less goats and swings, they call 'ping'. These are used to get your feet off the ground after a blessing. Mostly used for kids, though.

I met up with Simon and Mark at the hotel we stayed at, earlier. We had a final meal with my guide and continued on our way. Getting more money from the atm, walking around town, deciding what to do.. And rain. Lots of rain. Had a good sleep at silver oaks, though.

Next day was an easy one as well. We did a spa and went out for food after. The place was in the theme of the past of the owner: a ghurka soldier. They didn't know that much english. The food was good, but they had great trouble with our orders. It took a long time too. First food came after 45m-1h. And I've waited for an hour more for the final food item to arrive.. It didn't. When we asked about 'having ordered this', they interrupted with 'no'. .. We were kinda puzzled with the service, but got what we asked for 20m later. And then had to correct their bill when we left. Sigh. 3.5h later. We still had time to spent an hour on the lake. Let's go!

And the it started pouring again. Harder and harder. We went to coast. Fun to see all the other boats scrambling back. Ours had a roof, so it was not so bad. Let some people on it. Had a wet, but quiet evening after.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb