More Pokhara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 21st 2018
Published: October 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Tried to find some interesting places to go to, here, but it seems we exhausted them. Some interesting destinations that would cost us > 400 euros to reach would be rara lake in the west (multiple flights and a horse ride) Jomson (village, high in the mountains that you can reach by plane, when the wind is right), Bhutan (costs >250$/day), Tibet (hard to arrange, China) and india or china (weren't so interested)
So instead, we opted for interesting local places: a hippie lodge for the night, canyoning the next day and paraglide the day after.



The canyon turned out to be a bit of a letdown for its price. We paid 50$ for, what turned out to be a small scale abseil operation. We got their by taxi, walked the final bit (15-20m) and got to a waterfall. In a small hut, we had the option to change to some shortie-wetsuit and they had 2 or 3 shoes that we could try to fit. Then, up we went, scrambling up a steep incline. At the end, we could use a figure-8 belay device to hook ourselves to a line and start our abseil. It took me maybe 5 minutes to reach the bottom of the 45m waterfall. Simon took a bit longer. Mark was ill and didn't join this time. After getting down, there were 10 or so people that wanted to be on photo's with us. Great fun! Went another time for just 1000 roepies. Could use the swing right after. Also: saw a big snake! no photo's though, it was quick to get away.

In the evening we looked for movie-options, (photo's), but in the end opted for an early sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb