Hike to sarangkot


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 15th 2018
Published: October 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We planned to do paragliding today. A very popular activity here. The sky is always full.

Because of clouds however, we changed our plans and instead hiked up the mountain to where they launch, at sarangkot. The hostel said that was a nice 2.5h hike.

..

.. After 5 or six hours of hiking up and up and up, we reached the place where they launched the paragliders. Talked about going. Got the price down to 6000 (40€), but by then, the wind and thermals were not right anymore. Took the taxi down. The whole thing was almoat 900m up, according to Wikipedia.

The most interesting part of the hike was at the start. Again, there was a dog that followed us up ('Robert'). We went and took the road less traveled. Trough rice paddies, trough the jungle and a forest. At some point, there was a house built right over the path we were climbing. The owner and some kids cheered us on and opened up an impromptu gate. One of the kids pointed us to the road to take after, and before we were considering whether we should do something or tip, off he went.

There were a couple of nice viewpoints along the way. I'll add some photos 😊

End of the day, i spent some time getting an atm to work; it got money off of my account and then sprang to 'service'. Apparently it happens more, because they had a form ready for it. I got promised they would reimburse me in 5 days. Hope it works out!

After that (and finally eating lunch at around 16:00) we decided to spent the last ~ hour before sunset with a boat on the lake. Swam a bit and watched the sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb