Gosaikunda trekking


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
October 29th 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!!! Our trekking, a few weeks ago! I try to put some pictures with it! We started on October 9, came back to KTM on October 16! 7 days Gosaikunda, a very difficult trek, even after we both had some experience with longer treks before! First day: 12 hours in a bus, full of people standing, sitting in the seats and on the ground, sitting on the bus, some getting sick (me included) … 4 days very steep up! One time we also had to return because of the height difference (never take risks with altitude sickness!) and we both felt kind of bad! But we were very lucky to make some very good friends, Udi and Ester, from Israel, and their guide Purna! We decided to go on together, and that was the best decision we could make! Almost at the top we were walking about 5 steps a minute, the breathing was very hard! And this all to see the beautiful Himalaya, and the Holy lakes of Shiva! Crazy tourists we are!
When Shiva got poisoned by the bad Gods, he broke a stone with his Trisul, where the Holy water came out! This water made the beautiful
Gosaikunda lakeGosaikunda lakeGosaikunda lake

Can you see Shiva in the lake?
lakes, and the Trisuli River! Amazingly beautiful! It was worth it; even we had a really hard time!!
If you have a good look you can even see Shiva in the Lake!
After that, 3 days steep downhill, over loose rocks, hard for the knees! One day Sam and I walked for 13 hours, after a difficult time going downhill! At the last lodge people told us the next one was 1.5 hours further, so we decided to go on! Finally it was still 3 hours walking, in the woods, with 1 headlamp, thunder and lightning behind us, already preparing to stay the night outside, until we finally saw the small light of the lodge, and made it! We were so broken!
But afterwards … it was great!
And the best thing … we made great friends with the Israeli couple! At this moment, Sam even went on another trek with them!
Our trekking, again a whole experience, and that is what we travel for!
Greetings
Leen



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb