Kathmandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
September 18th 2014
Published: September 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived safe and sound!
Kathmandu is crazy crazy! Never seen anything like it on the road, mopeds I have seen cutting up but there's people just walking in front of cars and then randomly in the middle of the crazy moving traffic there's a traffic warden directing traffic!!

Fuji hotel is lovely it's so close here though about 26 degrees and no air!!! Lightning storm at the moment which is cool as we're on the 6th floor.

I've learnt three Nepali phrases namaste is hello, ha-Zur is yes and Dhan-ya-bahd is thank you.

On the flight from Oman to Nepal there were only four westerners on the plane the rest were Nepalese. Lovely people met a great guy called Ne-ma who we were chatting to in the airport and he was sat by us on plane. He was returning from 21 days in Germany with his students. He helped with teaching me pronounciations of the letters etc. Learnt a few more phrases but they are harder to remember without checking the old phrase book!

We are knackered after 31 hours of travelling so will have an early night tonight ready to explore Karhmandu tomorrow.

We head to Lukla on Saturday..... Excited much? YES


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb