Fuji Hotel Kathmandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
September 19th 2014
Published: September 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a day in Kathmandu shopping and visiting the temples. The roads were crazy and you had to run between the traffic!!!
We got our cash (as it's closed currency here). £10 is equivalent to 15.500 Nepalese Rupees. Everything is soooo cheap , a T-shirt will cost you £2.
We met one if our tour group, Jess, at the hotel at about 11:30 and she tagged along with us. She's from Toronto. We showed her how to get money and where to hire a sleeping bag. We then all went to visit the Monkey Temple. We took a taxi which was very cheap at 350 NPR. A half hour drive at £2!!! It had no seatbelts so that was interesting especially with their traffic.
The temple was mad there were monkeys everywhere and they were aggressive. Jess got cornered by two which entertained all the people visiting the temple especially the locals.
To get to the top we had to walk up approximately 200 steps (very steep ones) totally worth it though as the views from Kathmandu were tremendous. The whole city and also the hills surrounding it.
We went to RumDoodles for lunch it was really good and a bottle of Everest beer.
At 5:30 we met the rest of the group and Tashi, our tour guide, is really experienced (he's done 8 treks to EBC this year) all the group seem lovely,
We went out for food but there was another storm and one street was completely flooded. We had to climb onto the shop steps to walk along, however, when I climbed up I out my hand on a live electric cable ( the electrics are ridiculous) and had a wicked shock ( my finger is still hurting)
Food was again good I had steak as it's the last time we can eat meat...4:30 am start tomorrow......


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb