Getting Ready to Paint


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
June 19th 2013
Published: July 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

At the paint shopAt the paint shopAt the paint shop

L-R: Katie, Katie, Erik
Today I spent most of the day around the hospital. In the afternoon we went across the street to a paint store to buy paints for the mural we're going to paint at IFCH. We will be painting Deluxe Cabin 1 (the one I stayed in the first night), and we decided on a Disney theme since Erik is a good artist and can draw. We settled on Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King and Aladdin themes. We're going to attempt to paint tomorrow. Just like everything in nepal, it took a long time to get the paint. It was funny because as we were waiting for paint, someone from the apartments above decided to dump a bucket of something that was like cement out of the window. Erik was very fortunate to be holding up his umbrella at the time because it dumped all over his umbrella, and some on his exposed backpack. He was not impressed. Things you only see in Nepal- throwing cement out of windows!

After we finished for the day, we went to a bakery in Thamel called Pumpernickel for a snack. This is a cool place that is very western but it really has an ex-pat vibe to it. It's kind of a neat experience to be amongst ex-pat locals. After this we all went to a yoga class in Thamel which seemed to be another place to hang out with the ex-pats. The place was called Pranamaya yoga and it was a small drop in class. All the others in the class were locals in some way (working there, retired, extended vacation too I guess). It's cool to see people from the UK, Australia, etc. coming together in Nepal. It was a great class, although very western. Made me realize how inflexible and weak I am now, and that I should be doing this more at home!

I wish I knew a bit more about everyone's stories of what brought them to Nepal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb