A perfect day in Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
January 22nd 2009
Published: January 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nandyapit homesNandyapit homesNandyapit homes

Beautiful village just north of Kathmandu.
We are staying at the "Wonderful" Hotel Courtyard in Thamel - which we will be recommending to every traveller we meet! Pujan and Michelle have made us feel really really welcome, and the hotel has become a real haven from the hurley burley of Kathmandu (which we also love!!!).

Today was a slow morning as we all slept in. We had a delicious breakfast of marmite on fresh bread....yum.
We then had a game of cards (Nana, you know which one!). After that we were invited to lunch at Nando's house at Nandyapit. Nando has arranged all our trekking, which starts tomorrow, with our journey to Pokhara.
When we had finished the delicious traditional meal of Dahl bhat we had a lovely walk through the little village he lived in we got shown into all the houses (the floor was made with clay) and because I am blond(ish) they kept rubbing my head. After the walk we got a taxi to the town we were staying in.

Mum says it was the perfect day!


We are now heading off to Pokhara to start out 6 days trekking. Our next blog will be next week. Thanks Laura, John, Mr. Myfyr and Helen Kiwi for your comments - its great to see our blog being read...

We still have to do homework too!

Advertisement



22nd January 2009

Oh so jealous!
Hannah and Ollie - oh and Mum and Dad too! Following your travels with delight, it all looks and sounds so wonderful. Have a fantastic trek and we can't wait to hear from you when you have finished all that walking. Have fun with lots of love from Jamie and Jayne x
22nd January 2009

Wonderful
Wel Hannah, mae dy daith i weld yn hyfryd iawn. Rydw i wedi mwynhau bob dim rwyt ti wedi ysgrifennu ac mae'r lluniau yn ffantastic!! Mi wnai ddangos nhw i'r dosbarth yfory. Mae mam yn iawn yn dweud fod o'n ddiwrnod perffaith a dwi'n siwr bydd llawer o ddiwrnodau perffaith ar eich taith. Da iawn chi! Hwyl am y tro!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb