Exploration Day!


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Lhaviyani Atoll
June 14th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Exploration day! Well, okay, so we only got as far as exploring the one end of the island, but eventually we will see the whole island at some point. After breakfast we walked up to the sandy bank part of the island, which seemed miles away in the heat, but in fact it was probably just under a mile or about two miles round trip. This didn’t bode too well with Liisa as she added a couple more blisters to the collection on her feet.

Along the way we passed the presidential suites which were huge, but we both agreed that ours seemed much nicer and had more privacy in front of the bungalow towards the beach than those had. They were exposed to anyone who happened across them. A little further up was the beautiful sandy bank which stretched out into the turquoise waters. Stunningly beautiful, and had we our swimsuits on, we would have spent some time up there, but alas that shall wait for another day. This seemed to be the gathering place of all the Italians, but as a plus that meant we had the whole of our beach for just us where you would consider it a traffic jam if more than two people walked past in a day!

Following our walk we sat out on our lonesome stretch of beach enjoying the lulling sounds of the waves and the heat of the sun on our skin being careful not to burn. In the evening after dinner we headed over to reception and looked around the little shops and bought some postcards before heading home to watch some golf and then Aljezera News. Surprisingly it seems a very good news program! And with that it was the end of another day…



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



14th June 2008

hello there
This is my second comment but I don't think you ever got the first one!
14th June 2008

Corr!
Hi you two. Can't believe you're both in paradise, you lucky, lucky things! What a wonderful place to spend 2 whole weeks. Enjoy yourselves! Sharon xx
15th June 2008

Hello!
Hey Barbara! We got your comment and we both want to say congrats on your 10th anniversary! Enjoy your renewal vows. Hope it's as special as the wedding. By the way, this is our second time to the Maldives - we were here 15 years ago!!! You must come, it's simply divine! Love G & L xxx

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb