Budaya Celebration by-the-sea


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
August 22nd 2015
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 5.36904, 100.264


The Budaya Celebration by the sea, held in Straits Quay in Penang was a colorful, vibrant event displaying as many as 18 cultural groups in traditional dress as part of Malaysia's National Day celebrations.

I was fortunate enough to be staying in the marina at Straits Quay with neighbors from Royal Langkawi Yacht Club, Joe and Anita on their catamaran Coral Kuching when the celebrations took place, and we were in the perfect location. Docked only one boat away from the main stage and with the parade going around the marina, we had a perfect view of the whole event.

It was a colorful event which displayed Malaysian cultures with Penang in particular having a large Chinese/Malay as well as Indian/Malay cultures it was a vibrant and thoroughly enjoyable event... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

The parade was followed by performances displaying local dances etc. and Joe, Anita and I watched the concert afterwards from the bow of the boat while enjoying red wine, cheese/biscuits and local fruits, yum... and snapping a picture or two.

The perfect way to people watch and enjoy part of traditional Malay celebrations, it was definitely a highlight in my trip to Penang.






Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb