Launching Thea


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 14th 2015
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

TheaTheaThea

Now this is a ship!!
Geo: 6.65494, 99.978

What a momentous occasion, after a complete overhaul which started a couple of years ago it was time for the finished 'Thea' to be launched from PSS Shipyard in Satun. Although launched once before, that was for sea trials and before the full paint job was finished plus a few other finishing touches... and the end result stunning.

Congratulations to Jamie and Julie on Thea, she really has been a labour of love and they've made her their home from home. She's a beautiful motor yacht, brought from Turkey to the yard in Satun, I met them on their initial launch while in Langkawi and they have become great friends, and we're extremely kind to me in an emotional time of need.

So with a beautiful Master's Cabin, Guest cabins, Captain's and Crew,and a beautiful living area she really was a joy to be on... I never thought I would ever step on a boat like Thea never mind helping on her until launch and I feel really privileged.

Here's some pictures of the launch which was a fabulous day, together with some sea trials and a sail back over to Langkawi where they could finally enjoy her with family and away
from the constant noise of the yard.

Instead of launching with them, I went on a local fishing boat support vessel to take some pictures of the launch and I would join them again once anchored. The local fishing boat proved to be a fascinating experience, not only my first time out in one, but on their way back to the ship yard it became apparent that they were going to haul out, so I ended up being involved in the whole haul out procedure with them.... ha ha what luck, you couldn't buy these adventures! Good luck, right place at the right time ha ha...

Once at anchor we carried out sea trials, and finished off some jobs before we set off for Langkawi and headed into Telaga Marina, it was fantastic seeing her in action, the journey over was beautiful, passing islands and beaches and seeing Langkawi once more from a different angle, I never ended up round this part of the island before and she's a real stable boat and a joy to be on.

Congratulations guys on this wonderful project, I wish you many exciting adventures ahead and the peace of the open seas to enjoy...




Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

On fishing boatOn fishing boat
On fishing boat

This boat was then hauled out and put where Thea was originally.... what an incredible experience!


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb