Day 14 - Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 30th 2015
Published: April 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We'd set our alarm for 8:00am but had woken before then. We each showered, got ready and packed our bags for the last time on this trip. We weighed them; as always mine was just over the 20kgs allowance so we put two bags of stuff in Becs bag to even it out. <br style="font-family: monospace;" />We sat around for a bit longer before making our way down to the lobby to check-out and catch a cab to the KLIA2 Terminal. It was a decent drive, maybe 50minutes and cost us 130MR or just under $45AUS. <br style="font-family: monospace;" />We checked-in at the kiosks then took ourselves to the bag drop counters.<br style="font-family: monospace;" />After we'd off loaded the luggage we made our way outside for me to get my last bit of 'fresh' air and so Bec could have a smoke. We then headed inside and made our way through security to head toward the gates. We stopped on the way to select my duty free alcohol and to have a bite to eat at McDonalds. <br style="font-family: monospace;" />From there we made our way downstairs, Bec went to have one last smoke while I went to check out one of the little convenience stores they had so many of. <br style="font-family: monospace;" />After about ten mins Bec came and found me and we made our way to our boarding gate. We went through one of the strictest security checks I've seen in a while before taking a seat.<br style="font-family: monospace;" />People were starting to board and they still hadn't brought down our duty free goods for us to collect. After more than half the plane had boarded the trolley with the duty free goods arrived, I collected mine and we made our way down the ramp to the plane and found our seats as quickly as we could. <br style="font-family: monospace;" />Due to a back-up in take offs we left probably 30-40mins behind schedule for our 7.5hr flight, bound for home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb