Our personal thoughts on Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 6th 2015
Published: October 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Although they are neighbouring countries, Singapore and Malaysia are very different. Singapore has been greatly modernised, whereas Malaysia still has the Asia feel about it.

Kuala Lumpur is undergoing a vast amount of building at the moment. They are apparently extending their metro system by thirty one stations. This will be great when it is finished, but is causing chaos whilst it is ongoing.

The cost of living in Malaysia appears to be really cheap. Again, our hotel was in a great location so we had local restaurants nearby. The touristic areas were only a bus ride away.

Kuala Lumpur runs a free bus service that runs in four loops. Most of the buses run every 5 – 10 minutes, and all looked to be very busy. But it was clean and the bus drivers were helpful most of the time.



Kuala Lumpur has some very unique attractions so it was really nice to be able to incorporate these into our trip this year. We do not think we would plan a return visit here, but would like to investigate some of the other areas of Malaysia, including Penang and Borneo, one day in the future.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb