Day 27– Dubai – London Heathrow (A380 Emirates)


Advertisement
Published: October 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another early start this morning, but not as early as it could have been. Thankfully, yesterday, we managed to book all our luggage all the way to London, so only had our hand luggage with us overnight. This means we do not need to be at the airport quite as early as we are already effectively checked in. The boarding cards for this leg of the trip were issued to us yesterday in Malaysia. The flight yesterday meant we went four hours behind in time. Overnight, we seem to have managed this potential jet lag easily.

With the boarding passes we got in Kuala Lumpur yesterday, Emirates also gave us a free meal voucher each to spend in Dubai International Airport. We managed to get a good free breakfast with this. Noticed whilst buying this that most people buying also had free vouchers. We are in Emirates terminal (T3) and it looks like they give them to everyone that has connecting flights in Dubai. A really great PR exercise.

The flight on the A380 back to Heathrow was uneventful. Only point to mention was that they only had one meal, whereas all our other flights, or the same duration, had two meals. Not a problem for us as we had the free meal voucher in the airport, but cannot see why they only have one on this flight. Nice surprise though, they did present us with ice creams about two hours before we landed which were very nice. Emirates do actually offer a real afternoon tea on some of their flights.

Tonight, we are staying at the Premier Inn on the bath road, so got on board the Hotel Hoppa from the airport to there. The driver was a polite and helpful comedian type offering us a pleasant refreshing greeting.

Our body clocks are now really all over the place. It is about 4.00pm here in UK, but 7.00pm in Dubai where we were this morning and 11pm where we were yesterday morning. In two days, we have gone backwards in time by 7 hours.

After a short rest, we headed off to the nearby KFC on foot for a small bite to eat.

On the way there, we were astonished to see a new Enterprise Car Rental office located right next door. We have a car booked with them at Heathrow Airport tomorrow, but thought that we would have to go back into the airport to pick it up. We enquired if we could change our rental to pick up here and all was changed ready for the morning.

We got to about 8.30pm tonight then we could not stay awake any more. Hopefully our body clocks will be a little better tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb