Museum Negara Visit (17th January 2014)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 17th 2014
Published: March 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Friday, 17th January 2014

As we welcomed day 7 of our trip, I was determined to squeeze some time after breakfast to visit the Museum Negara and the Police Museum in the morning. Located next to the massive Lake Gardens, getting there via public transport was very possible even though it involved a fair bit of walking along the highways and job site from KL Sentral Station.

Construction of the MRT line outside the National Museum continued as I stepped into the premises on a warm day. I was greeted by a vivid display of iconic vehicles including the old furnicular train cars used in Penang Hill. The museum interior was divided into four permanent exhibition halls depicting the turbulent history of the country.

Unfortunately, little was mentioned pertaining to the nation's struggles during the Second World War as well as the events leading to the merger & separation of Singapore from Malaysia in the 1960s. This was a shame given that I was looking forward to re-interprete these historical events from a different perspective.

Together with the Police Museum that I visited after lunch, this was a unique way to learn more about the country beyond the glittering malls of Bukit Bintang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb