Kuala Lumpur City Gallery (18th January 2014)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 18th 2014
Published: March 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 18th January 2014

At the heart of the colonial core of Kuala Lumpur lies the newly established KL City Gallery. It doubled up itself as a visitor's information centre where I learned all about its existence when I visited the Museum Negara the day before. In the morning, we caught a train from Bukit Bintang to Masjid Jamek where it was a comfortable walk from the LRT Station.

Located diagonally across from the Merdeka Square, the iconic red bold "I Love KL" letters greeted us from the outside. The gallery was an attraction of itself given that it was housed within the confines of a 114-year old building. Spanning two stories on the colonial house, there were huge storyboards at level one that summarised every major historical events in the city. The information presented were just about right without fears of "museum fatigue" by the end of our visit.

Level two housed the city gallery where models of the buildings in the city were presented via a 5-minute light show. The show itself was relatively short even though this was a good attempt to showcase the best of the city's architecture.

From Kuala Lumpur, we signed off our January 2014 Kinmen-Xiamen-KL trip after having experienced the transitions from icy winter to warm summer that we were most familiar with. New travel experiences were forged among old, familiar landscapes. This was a great learning trip for myself that we took away after exposing to the rich military history of Taiwan that left us highly impressed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb