Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 9th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Reluctantly we finally left the Lucas' and changed our base into Bukit Bintang, which is right in the middle of Kuala Lumpur near shopping, bars and restaurants. We're staying at the Number 8 guesthouse, which is quite nice and has a good atmosphere.
Since we arrived here we have been to the Menara Skytower and did the audio guide tour and we saw a lot of things we could do and visit. This was fun and there were some free really high powered binoculars which allowed you to see lots of the city really close up!
We have shopped in the B.B. Plaza which is a big six story mall. Visited the KL Bird Sanctuary, which is the largest free flight aviary in the world. Visited the Lake Gardens, where we spent most of the day wondering around and had a picnic and fed the ducks! We have been to the Petronas towers and need to go back early one morning to get a ticket to go to the skybridge.
We've visited Petaling Street, which is Chinatown's market, which as expected was busy and hot!
Been to Central Market, which is more arts and craft based than the other markets we've been to. "Bintang Walk," which is good for people watching and we ate in a sideless marquee type restaurant on the walk. We've also eaten on basically the roadside in a little Chinese restaurant where we shared some dishes that they cook pretty much in front of you. We tried some Tapas in a Spanish restaurant in our street accompanied by a massive jug of Sangria! Last night we ate at another outdoor restaurant in a pedestrianised zone which was nice and we could people watch again!
Our plans for the next few days are to go to Melaka on a day trip and to try and go Canopy Walking and to the elephant sanctuary.
Tonight we have booked a table at the Menara Kuala Lumpur, which is the skytower revolving restaurant, which should be spectacular!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



14th July 2006

Lovely to hear from you both, I have printed this out and given a copy to both grannies. Marjorie says it sounds just like Egypt when everybody tries to sell you something.Mum and I are going away to Norfolk for the week end with Tony and Vicky, so will talk again when we are back. Tell me about the bear!!, love Dad

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb