World Cup Final


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 10th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

To start World Cup Final NIght went to the Menara Kuala Lumpur revolving restaurant in the Sky Tower. It was really good to see the city from so high up at night. The towers looked pretty impressive at night. The food was really nice and so was the service, us being called Mr. Jack and Ms. Rebecca all night from a waiter who asked everybody's names!
Afterwards we went back to our hotel and had a nap because the world cup final didn't start until two in the morning Malaysian time. This turned out to be pretty hard to do because there was really load music coming from two streets away. In the end we decided to go out and see what was going on a little while before the match started at around half past one.
The streets were absolutley packed and they had pedestrianised the main street through the shopping district and had put up about five massive tv screens, which were showing a live band. We wandered through the crowd and tried to see the stage and this took quite a while and a lot of effort, and it turned out to be some bands presented by some local radio hosts. There were literally thousands of people on the streets all really excited, possibly drunk, with French and Italian face paints and wearing the kits. There was absolutley no trouble, or slight hint of any trouble throughout the night, which was a shock for us to see football fans drinking but without any fights! The only really drunk person we saw had taken it upon himself to collect all the litter in bin bags so hardly troublemaking.
before the game started there was a massive fire-works display that lasted about fifteen minutes and was really impressive.
The first half we didn't have the best view even though they were showing it on big screens, but at half time we were able to move a lot closer and got a really good position, right at the front and sitting down with all the locals. We had decided to support Italy because Jack had a lot of Italian's in his dream team and Bex wanted them to be happy for when we go there in a few weeks time!
Our night turned out to be really good then obviously with them winning and we got back to our hotel at around five o clock in the morning.
The next afternoon after a sleep we went to organise a tour for ourselves to go to see the Malaysian rainforest and some elephants. We thought that we should definitely get to see the rainforest as it makes up 85% of Malaysia, but being in KL it was hard to notice. We booked the trip for the next day and had to be up at six for it so as we were still tired from the night before we didn't do very much in the evening and got some sleep after a meal in Bangsar.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb