The Lucas' House - Bangsar


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 2nd 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Due to us missing our flight we arrived much later than anticipated and so we had to get a taxi to the Lucas' apartment in Bangsar, a district of Kuala Lumpur. Our bad luck with taxis continued and a guy led us miles through the airport to get a taxi, which he couldn't, so he offered to take us in his own car which we refused and had to go miles back through the airport to the main taxi rank again, with him following us all the while.
He spoke to another guy and we got a Mercedes taxi from just outside which confused us as to why he didn't do this in the first place. Anyway we arrived at the Lucas' an hour later and as it was late, we met Martin, who was waiting outside, and then just went to bed. In the morning Caroline had left a note welcoming us. We headed to the swimming pool, which was amazing! We didn't do too much while we stayed with the Lucas', and it was really nice to have some home life and to relax with such nice people after our travelling so far. We visited the Batu Caves where they have put a massive golden statue up outside since Jack last was there. To get into the caves you have to walk up 272 steep monkey-lined steps! This was fun and a little scary as Jack had already experienced! The caves were limestone and very impressive with quite a calm atmosphere because it was dedicated to different Hindu Gods and Godesses with various colourful shrines.
Another thing we did as Martin suggested was get onto the monorail from KL Sentral to Tittiwangsa, which is the other end of the line and which goes straight through the city. This was good to see and to help us get our bearings.
Both nights we stayed with the Lucas' they very kindly took us out to dinner in Bangsar, which was really nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



18th July 2006

oh hi
bring me a monkey home please. thanks! x

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb