KS to KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 26th 2006
Published: February 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello all, well i finally got off my backside and did some serious travelling for the first time in a week or so!!
Due to a very long lie in in my little beach bungalow at Lamaii on Koh Samui on Friday i decided it best to make a move on Saturday!!
Spent Friday on a moped ( again ) and did a bit of sightseeing-went to see the Big Buddha-its big and its a buddha.
Then did a bit of clothes shopping in Chaweng as the Thai laundry ladies seem to love putting big holes in all my t-shirts.Even went to get a haircut-grade 2 all over ( sorry mum ).
Left by ferry from Koh Samui Saturday morning and arrived in a crappy little village called Donsak on the mainland about 2 hrs later.
From there i had to get a minibus to Surat Thani which took about 45 minutes at breakneck speeds of over 110 km an hr.
From Surat Thani i signed up with the Hat Yai 2003 travel company, which was basically 2 shady thai guys with a desk and a mobile phone on a street corner.
They of course took me to the Thai Mama Corleones house first in a little shanty town to try and persuade me to part with 20 quid for her "limosuine" service.No thanks-i do not consider a 10 yr old Toyota Camry to be a limosuine!Even if it does have tinted windows.
Eventually i paid just 3 quid for the standard air-con minibus service.
On this leg of the journey i learnt a very valuable travelling lesson-never, ever, under any circumstances eat street vendor food on your one and only refreshment stop with 250 km to go!!
The pork curry took full effect within 20 mins and how i got through the 3 hr buttock clenching session ill never know!!
Was even worse than an ESSCA minibus on an awayday when the stellas are cracked open at 8 am!!!!!Know what i mean lads??
Once in Hat Yai( at about 10 pm ) i dug out the trusty Lonely Planet and hailed a tuk tuk.
Due to my late arrival 1 1/2 hrs later i still had nowhere to stay!!!
I got the driver to drop me off at what looked like a very plush hotel.
I must state at this point that i have been living in garden sheds for the last 2 weeks and so quite frankly a house on moss side would look pretty appealing!!
As i stood out like a sore thumb in a city with no street signs i bit the bullet and entered The New World Hotel, expecting to be stung for 2 days budget for the privelege-christ, they even had a doorman!
Result!!! 6 pound s for LUXURY( see garden shed note!! )
A king size bed, ( with sheets!! ), air-con, a minibar, HOT shower and BATH, satellite tv, thought id died and gone to heaven!!
Especially when i switched my satellite tv on to discover the Newcastle Everton game was being shown live just 2 hrs later!!!
I promptly settled in with room sevice and a nice cold sprite.
Sunday morning i let a tuk tuk driver rip me off a whole pound and fifty pence and headed to Hat Yai airport.
The flight only took 1 hr to KL then i realised something, no guide book, no hotel booked - nothing.
Right what to do???
Well, eventually i got a cab to chinatown as all chinatowns seem to heve an abundance of cheap hotels and i was right.
Have been in KL 2 hours now and have booked into a hotel near The Fook Hing Coffin Shop-i kid you not.
Just popped in to an internet place to update blog and escape the stifling humidity in some nice aircon.
My parents arrive tonight and are staying at the Ritz Carlton-woooh get them!!!
Will head over there later for a few free cold ones ( yeah right ) but for know i am off to have fried crickets for lunch.
I hear its snowing in Wimborne-hahahahahahaha.How i miss England.
The tans coming on a treat by the way.
Bye for now.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb