Kuala Lumpit-dont really like it!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 28th 2006
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

Yet another exciting installmet for you folks.

Well.Ive spent the last 48 hrs or so in KL.
To be honest im not really that impressed.
1-its bloody hot!!!Sooooooo humid-if you walk for more than 5 minutes you are just pouring with sweat.
2-To avoid the above you have to use taxis-Not one driver will switch the meter on so after the 1st day of saying f*#k off , im not paying that i finally got round to using the metro system although it is quite limited.

Anyway, enough moaning, at least im not in England!!
Spent Sunday night with the parents in The Ritz Carlton-very swish, i couldve probably stayed there if i cut my trip short by 2 weeks!
Monday, again with the parents was spent going up the huge Menara Tower, which gives 360 degree views over the whole of KL and beyond.
We then went onto the famous malaysian chain restaurant TGI Fridays for a local speciality of burger and fries.
From there we caught the monorail to Times Square shopping mall.
HUGE!With a theme park on the top floor, even with roller coaster but as my dear dad bottled out on me (haha) i didnt go on.(my excuse anyaway)
This morning i hooked up with a girl i met on Koh Tao and we hopped in an extortionate taxi to the Batu Caves.
Very, very impressed.Big Hindu religous site but has about 300 steps to get up just to the 1st level.
Finally saw loads of monkeys all over the place , doing what monkeys do and a few other strange things as well.(sorry, its a family site)
Had breakfast there of curry and chapati bread for the grand price of 12p!
Made it back to KL and had a little wander around chinatown before heading back to my home here.The Red Palm hostel today as i moved yesterday.
Cant take much more of the heat here so tomorrow am getting a bus to the cool air of The Cameron Highlands for a couple of days before looking for another beach.
Off for Frog Porridge at a local chinese tonight-not sure if it is what it says on the tin but heck, why not!
Speak again soon, Mark.









Advertisement



3rd March 2006

Surprise surprise
Hi Mark, I'm from Malaysia and I know how warm and humid it is for people from England. A friend of mine stayed in Kuala Lumpur for 2 days and he almost went crazy. I hope u enjoy Cameron and the other beaches... are u planning to go to borneo? Just wondering, I'm from borneo.. ;)

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb