Malaysia Day 23


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
June 9th 2009
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 23 Today was a quiet and slow day. First of all, while Gina looked after the kids, the rest of us headed off to Low Yat Plaza.

Abby and Stu and Mary and David both bought a computer after a bit of looking around. It's such a big place that you can get awfully confused with the amount of gear on offer. Once this was done we headed back to the house for a bit of lunch and to plan the evening ahead.

This evening we headed off the Chinatown, which as it happened, is only about 15 minutes walk from Sarang Galloway. We arrived about four o'clock, a good time because it's not too crowded then. The main street of Chinatown is Petaling Street and it's crowded with stalls from one end to the other, with regular shops behind them. Most of the goods sold there are genuine fakes, primarily handbags, watches, clothing and DVDs.

After a couple of hours of walking through the lanes and being accosted to buy handbags or watches or wallets every few metres, we then headed to a reggae bar for dinner. Dinner was excellent and very reasonable for a bar in KL and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal before setting off into the throngs for more punishment.

We again went looking through the markets and we all purchased items varying from bags and wallets and a few DVDs. The amazing thing here, is that if you buy a box set of DVDs they actually come in the "original" box. Quite bizarre.

We then walked back home past the huge Puturajaya Bus Terminal, where the interstate buses run from to all destinations in Malaysia and Singapore. I think some even run through to Thailand from here. Another great day, and an early night to save energy as we are off to Batu Caves tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb