Malaysia truly Asia!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
December 22nd 2005
Published: December 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well am here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7.5 hours of flight from syd to sing and then 3 hours wait at a completely huge deserted airport - well it took an hour to walk to the terminal, through tunnels, carparks and lifts with the air shuttle out of hours.
Then a short hours flight to KL whereupon i met a chap who had been on the same flight from oz, infact i hadnt really met him - more of sat in his seat. Turns out hes a lawyer on his way to see his family in KL and then to Bombay for Newyears. Got his card as a useful contact- incase i didnt meet up with group!

Well arrived at KL and got rushed into a taxi - checked prices which seemed quite expensive, but apparently KL is over an hours drive from the airport.
Arrived on Petaling street, which is the heart of China town. The taxi driver drove off and the humidity/heat hit me at first, then the fact that there are about a hundred people whizzing around you with scooters and old bikes looking at us like i was an alien. Fact is i am (sorry if noone knew).

I found my hotel, conveniantly called chinatown 2 and checked in. Mr. Wiseman i presume were the words i so wanted to here! Then met up with Anne my tour guide, went through all the paperwork and also met my 'travel buddy' Elton - a geography graduate from CuraƧao ...........wheres that i said, he pulled out a small map as if hed done it a thousand times before, here - well as you cant see its off coast of venezuala - a small dutch colony.
My rooms great - ensuite twin share.

I then met Christa from America who lives and teaches in Japan, 10 mins later three of us were on the bus too Batu caves. Id like to explain more about these caves but at present time is short- so if you want check this out: http://www.malaysiasite.nl/batucaveseng.htm

The caves were beyond belief, the sheer size of them i can describe in words, this is another must do for all who are ok with stairs and James Bond monkeys - i call them this because...........well, thats what they look like.

After this we then proceeded to got too the KL petronas towers world renound and then KLCC. We also went to Times square, the biggest shopping centre in Asia! Its so huge, not even the maddest female shopohollic could concieve. It has a rollercoater the size and distance of the bigone, what hasnt it got?

Leaving Elton at the rollercoasters like a kid with a new toy i went to get some much needed sleep. 2 hours of bussing/ monorailing/ training and basically getting completely lost with a pants map (thats right Dave blame it on the map), i found the hotel again, (Where is MAPMAN when you need him?)

That evening all eight of us went for a meal in China town with Anne leading the way. A great meal and cheap as chips, then to bed!


Advertisement



22nd December 2005

Advice from Mapman
Next time take monorail/bus/train not bus/monorail/train and you should be fine.
24th December 2005

Xmas
We wish you a merry christmas. We wish you a merry christmas. We wish you a merry christmas and a happy New Year. Loads of love from all the gang at 605. Will let you know if Father Christmas leaves a stocking full for you.Take care. xxxx

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb