Syd and Mic


Advertisement
Oceania
December 18th 2005
Published: December 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well arrived back in sydney and it reminded me of what a great city it is!
Named after some guy called .......er........ oh yeah sydney thats right who thought it would be a great colony for a first settlement with its superb harbour.

That evening we checked into central YHA which has been voted the best hostel in Australia and its obvious why, there isnt anything they havent got!

We went out that evening to the bar around the corner as we had some drink vouchers given by oz experience that unfortunately needed using up. Met up with all the surfing group and got jiggy with it!

The next day was spent eploring sydney again and that included darling harbour/ a digeridoo exhibition then that night we went to CHRISTMAS CONCERT IN THE DOMAIN! apparently a renound sydney festival. I somehow imagined a group of carol singrs around a tree singing out of tune christmas carols so was reluctant to go at first.

On arrival i walked through the gates on the hill to discover the whole of sydney with interest- thousands upon thousands of people lit up by red filtered candles swaying from side to side/ drinking wine and beer/ curled up in rugs to the music of christmas carol. Hang on a minute - whos that singing on the stage - he looks vaguely familiar..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm david night ?.........no no michael kit hasslehof!?........................................................................I Think you can guess! Yes it was the Hoffmeister himself singing White Christmas! Other celebraties were there like Leo Sayer and some others ive never heard of?

Well after a bit of swaying and screaming ''I Love You in red speedos Michael!'' Giles went to bed.

Today due to the riots on Bondi beach we headed of to Manly Beach on the ferry.
On way we walked through a huge protest over what im gussing is the riots.

Most of the time in Manly was spent surfing and beaching. Manly is a great place and serves the worlds best hot chocolate in a very unusual way- your given some heated milk over a candle and loads of chocolate drops which you chose between loads of diff types. Then you put the drops in the milk and stir, once stirred you can then eat with spoon or sip through this metal straw! Sounds bizarre but WOW! On the trip back Lucy one of our gang, caught her fingers in a door onboard and had to go to hospital, but thanks to giles' matt to splint the finger - all is well and nothing broken- just a day in the life of an extraordinary matt!

Just said goodbye to Giles as he heads south,he became a great freind in a short time who always seems to have time for everyone no matter what the problem. I hope you have a great journey mate- weve had some amazing times that noone else could equal and in the words of Vinny Jones 'its been emotional!' Hope to meet you up in Hongkong for your birthday - till then keep practising your digeridoo and maybe youll get as good as me!?

Well getting ready for my next journey to singapore and KL, another chapter!

see ya!

ps thanks to Si and Laura for the comments - hope you guys are well and look forward to telling you all about asia - when i find out that is!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb