Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
August 19th 2008
Published: August 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in KL and the city is really great. Its quite small but has everything you could need. There are more shops here then people right across the whole price range! Shopping seems to be the main SE Asian pass time. There is tons of stuff to see here and its really hard to know where to begin.

We arrived in the early evening so we decided to chack out the Malaysian equivalent of the London eye which is in a park near where we are staying. It turns much faster than the London version but you keep turning for 12 minutes! The park itself is really nice and we have been for a couple of jogs there.

The next day we went to the big mosque at Merderka square which is a famous square where Malaysia gained independence. More dressing up in Muslin outfits!

We also have been to another aquarium which was really cool especially because there was a touch tank to pet some fish and hold a star fish. We met a jolly, chubby Indian holidaymaker was terrified to put his hand underwater and touch any of the fish. He asked us to hold a starfish and stroke a baby shark etc for his photos, so he could edit it and pretend it was him! He was really scared it was hilarious! Later that day we went to the sky bridge of the famous Petronas towers. You can't go all the way to the top, the bridge is less than halfway up but it still really cool views. For better views we went up the KL tower. Steve wanted to battle his fear of jumping so we went on a zip line at the bottom which was fun, especially as they forget to catch you at the bottom and you end up slamming into a wooden platform. We also visited the park at KL central which was really quite, almost scarily so, there was a deer park, the National Planetarium and a huge bird park there with some amazing birds, it was really cool to see some of the massive birds we might see in the jungle!

Yesterday we went to China town and had loads of yummy food and bought Clarke Griswald style hats from a sweet 3 foot tall Malay lady.

Today we are doing nothing in preparation for the jungle. This will maybe be the last entry before we go, unless I can put up some piccies from Jakarta. So you will hear from us in 6 weeks unless we don't make it out alive!!

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The AquariumThe Aquarium
The Aquarium

Steves new dream job!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb