Malaysian Madness and Mindee


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
November 27th 2007
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Banana Boat....Banana Boat....Banana Boat....

When food is served on banana leaf, apparently you are meant to eat using your hands, because we are so white and Mindee didnĀ“t want to get her finger nails dirty we used a spoon and fork. Which gets the job done.
Well I got my passport at about 10:30am Monday morning from the lovely Toll lady. So after that it was straight to Brisbane for some last minute shopping and to catch the first of many flights.

John decided to add to the pre trip adventure by not bringing his yellow fever vaccination certificate, pitty that considering you can't get into Brazil or reenter Australia without it. Thanks to Jose he was able to get it and all was well and we were on our way to Malaysia.

We arrived at 6am and got to our free motel (compliments of the 20hr stop over). Slept for a few hours and then Mindee picked us up and the adventure began. We piled 6 people into the car and the game of "Shotgun" became a life or death decision. Who got to sit on the floor in compromising positions while zooming past 'polis'.

Our 1st stop was some food. We went to an Indian restuarant someone between Mindee's House and the city. After drinking the awesome lime water that puts out all the fires that 'spicy' stuff starts in your mouth we headed to china town for some cheap stuff. Once
Eating IndianEating IndianEating Indian

Megan and Johnny working up a sweat eating spicy Indian for lunch.
we were finished there we headed of to the Golden Triangle for our much needed cheap techno stuff. After spending a whole A$30 on a 2gb memory card we headed back to Mindee's house to chill before going to an awesome chinese seafood restuarant for dinner with her parents, who happen to rate as some the coolest parents in the world. The food was excellent and our taste buds certainly got a work out.

So now I'm siting at a Burger King in the worlds best airport (Malaysia) with only 11 minutes of internets left. I haven't uploaded any pics yet because I don't have the time so they should be included next blog.

I will however give you a map of our 'cheapst flight to south america you have' route. After flying from Brisbane to KL we then go KL to Joberg, Jo'berg to Capetown (now renamed Ctown) then from Ctown to Buenos Ares. From KL to BA is all on the same plane, with a strong possibillity of not actually being able to get off the plane between stops. All I can say is thank god for the emergency exit seating

adios
Ann


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Two TowersTwo Towers
Two Towers

Two Towers in KL, Malaysia. We drove for ages trying to get there in the KL traffic. At least the traffic was entertaining.


27th November 2007

lol, that john and his yellow fever! good to know you guys are all safe and sound!
27th November 2007

Ann... im jealous!! i wish i could keep jetsetting around the world... but no im stuck here in the cold USA. You all should come up here for one of your many stops haha. miss you guys!!
27th November 2007

Wanna a start
This is so cool. I want pics! Cheap techo stuff you say.... interesting, very interesting!

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb