Kuala Lumpa


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
December 16th 2006
Published: December 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone! Sorry for the belated update on KL and Singapore- we are trying to keep on top of things!... So we arrived in KL after our flight in the evening and follwed Phil and Cathy's directions to their hostel- which were very good and got us to the right place, but for some strange reason no-one that lived there had ever heard of this place. Anyway we eventually find it after walking round with our now massive bags for a good hour- and are absoloutely starving- so we all went out for a curry in Little India. Well... obviously this is not one of the tourist attractions of KL as we werte literally the only foreigners there (a large population of KL are Indians) So we sit down at the table- firstly realising they dont sell alcohol- which was fine- so we order the food and start looking around to see what everyone else was eating- took us a while but realised something wasn't quite right- then we realised the bright yellow satin on the mans hands next to us- eveyrone was eating with their fingers! This would be all well and good if you were eating a burger- but rice and a sloppy curry?!! Luckily they saw the loks on our faces and brought over some cutlery.

Next day we trekked over to the KL Tower which would have been good had there not been a thick mist over the city!!- was still nice to see it at arial view before leaving. Then we went back to the hotel as it started to tip it down and looked round the undercover market before leaving on the bus to Melaka. Melaka was very native with lots of big shopping malls- we decided to go out that night for dinner and then some drinks- as we were walking along we saw some chinese tourists on bikes (a little like tuc tucs with flowers and fashing lights all over them- and of course laughed at the 'touristy-ness' of the situation) Mock as we might, two mins later Ali, Nikki, Phil and Cathy were also sat on a flower clad, flashing light machine machine playing bob marley! And we loved it!! So we go to 'the most happening bar' on our flowery bike, and end up in an businessmans bar which wasnt really our scene- so decided to go to the cinema instead!

We left Melaka after some shopping and sightseeing to head to Singapore- which was really nice- very saftey and environment conscious. We visited the markets here which were much to right home about and went to the ministy of sound at night which was a good nightclub just like at home!!! Darren we did experience the singapore sling...yum! At this point we left Phil and Cathy as they flew to Bali and we flew to Australia!

Missing you all loads

Ali and Nikki xxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

we love sushi!we love sushi!
we love sushi!

very tired and jet lagged, we had a lush sushi meal at the airport!


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb