The last of the thai islands!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
December 2nd 2006
Published: December 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, sorry we havent been the best at updating our blog, but anyway. We last left you in Ko Phangan which we really liked, it had a nice beach to speand the day on pne side of the island (even thought the weather is not amazing on the east side of thailand at this time of year) and then in the evening we could go to the other beach where there were some good bars! we met up with Phil and Cathy two girls from england that we did the trek in Chnagmai with, and we decided to travel to Phi Phi with them on the over night boat. We were a little apprehensive about this but everyone on the island said it was ok and actually it was. We both managed to sleep the whole way, literally everyone is just lying dowin in these boats, quite wierd and not good if you r clostraphobic (not sure how to spell)!

Anyway so we arrived on Phi Phi and it looked amazing, sun was shining and the beaches just looked beautiful. After nearly being taken over to the opposite side of the island than we wanted by a taxi boat and then trekking around for an hour we finally found a place to stay. Here we stayed 4 nights, the days we spent on the beach as the weather was so good and the nights there is this bar 'hippies' that is on the beach which we spent most of our time. On one of the days we went on a boat trip around phi phi and saw all the tiny islands....literally paradise! including the beach that 'the beach' was filmed! We were able to do some snorkling which ali loved but nikki not so keen ( i felt like i couldnt breathe properly as i think i am a real nose breather, alos the fish were literally surrouding you. At one point one of the thai guys thought it would be informative to the group to mention that there had been sharks spotted.......oh thanks! 'dont worry only small ones....so whilst the rest of the group were literally searching for these sharks getting annoyed when they didnt see one, Nikki was clinging on to the boat with some french girl who also shared my phobia!

Anyway we then headed to Phuket for a night before using our flight that we had booked just to avoid getting a visa! Phuket was nothing special, bit of a hoilday resort place, and after a rather scary experience with a huge spider in our room we didnt have the most enjoyable stay. ( You will laugh we tried to get our money back for the room because of the spider, the english guy that owned the place practically laughed in our faces!)

Our next stop is Kuala lumpa but we will place another blog as these im sure can get a little boring in bulk.

Hope all is well back home!!!
miss you all

Nikki and Ali



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th December 2006

Paradise
Hi Babes. You sound as if you really enjoyed those four days just relaxing in the sun in paradise. Your pictues are really good and it is lovely to see you both looking so well. Your snorkeling experience made me laugh. Life is the same here except there was a tornado in London- not quite paradise!! Keep up with the blogs please love Margaret(Mum)
20th December 2006

yeay iv at last got on here!! it turns out iv been spelling your name wrong nikki!! haha.. sounds like your having such an amazing time guys.. you look so tanned! very jealous.. really nise to hear everything you have been doing keep us posted lots of love Lucy xxx miss you x

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb