The Thai Islands


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
November 16th 2006
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone!! Thank you for your blogs- we have decided to share one travel blog so this is Ali here!!

So where we we... after the trek we got another night bus home- evr so slightly different from the first one!! This was like an old tin wagon which was filthy- def no chance of a free meal here!! although there was a ''party carriage"' which consisted of a few fairy lights and some VERY loud music to try and drain out the noise of the train- needless to say we didn't get too much sleep!! We got back early in the morning an -dbooked into a really nice guest house with two of the girls we met ont he trek- Emma and Jess. Then we went shopping to the biggest shopping mall I have ever seen- and as yu can imagine we shopped till we dropped- quite literally. Started about 1.00pm and finished at 12!

The next day we tried to see the Palace. Unfortunately neither of us even gave a second thought to the type of clothing we were wearing- only to turn up and realise you cant go in in short shorts or your shoulders showing. We decided that this was probably not a stricked rule and that there must be other ppl not wearing appropriate atire so decided to chance it- only to be hsouted at ove r the tannoy by staff of the Palace so the Palace was lovely from the outside! Then we took a fourteen hour bus/catamaran trip down to Ko Samui, which was nice and found ourselves a shack on the beach for 200 bart a nihgt- bargin! It was a little hut on stilts but it was clean and literally on the beach! We even managed to set up a little going out table with our make-up, some music and our beers- yes girls, you should be proud (however we are still partial to the odd cocktail!) Met upwith Jess and Emma on the first night and went into Hat Lamai (where we were staying) which was full of Thai prostitutes! Lovely! Next nihgt we ventured out on are on- into Chawang the main town on the island- (after being given a heads up on a free bbq this guy from new zealand...again always up for fre food!

nikki taking over.....

This night was followed by a foam party which we went to with a group of people staying our resort. was good night although place was a bit quiet....just means we therefore took over the dance floor! We then travelled to Ko Pagnan which firstly went north for a chilled night and some recuperation, very quiet and nice beaches. Now we r in Hat Rin which is a bit more lively and home to the full moon parties! sadly we have missed it and wont be here for the next one...we r going to go to the black moon party tho....sounds wierd but its just an excuse for a party, we did check it wasnt some cult party or something! Anway we have rambled on a bit but we r still having an amazing time and plan to stay here for 4 days hen head to Ko Toa to chill out and go for a spa!

love you all lots and thankyou for all the comments we love reading them, feels like a little piece of home.

love nikki and ali

Advertisement



20th November 2006

SE Asia
Hi Nic Enjoying reading the blogs here in cold England. Looks like you have already crammed lots in, and met some cool people. Me and Jen are staying with your folks while we work on the bathroom, but we both wish we could join you there or Singapore, or Oz!!! (In fact anywhere that warmer than here). Talking of Singapore, dont forget to visit the Night Safari, me and Jen also has some really nice meals around Clarke Quay, where boat trips take you round the sights. More importantly make sure you sample some Singapore Slings!!! Take Care Darren
22nd November 2006

am still slaving away with the essays/uni work so taking the time out to read your travel blog provides some much needed relief, especially being able to catch glimpses of what you've been up to with the photo attachments!! ..am so pleased your adventures continue to be so exciting and enjoyable, and i'm sure you'll both have appreciated the twelve hour shopping spree greatly, hopefully the scenery provided even more happy faces-please keep the updates coming they're much appreciated, miss you lots xxx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb