Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
July 14th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's been a crazy past week in Malaysia, but we've now crossed the boarder back in to the land of Thai!

Our flight into Kuala Lumpur was slightly early..horrah! We found our gueshouse deep within the buzz of the city and chilled out before setting off to the KL tower to look at the views of the surrounding area. We had a venture to some beautiful lake gardens and wandered through some markets.

An overnight bumpy bus ride took us to Kuala Besut where we arrived at 5.30am to wait for the first taxi boat over to the Perhentian islands. We stayed in a little wooden shack on Coral Beach which was very basic, but ideal. A snorkelling day trip was awesome....we saw black tip reef sharks, sting rays, lots of colourful fish and some turtles that we followed up to the surface. Oh....and..Charlie saw a jellyfish...but didn't stay near it for long! Also...we checked ousome sea cucumbers....squishy! Hopefully our underwater camera's will come out with some cracking shots!

We spent a few lazy days on the beach before coming up to the Thai border via a taxi tht we shared with a canadian diving enthusiast. We then found the train station and caught a very slow train all the way to Hat Yai, where we crashed out in a guesthouse and had some lovely Thai food at the local night market...proper al fresco!

Today, we've arrived on our stop off before the national park, Surat Thani. We have now experienced all types of transport. Our local minivan experience was definately not what we expected, but we got to a guesthouse eventually to do some well needed laundry!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb