Caves


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Gunung Mulu National Park
January 22nd 2007
Published: January 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Deer caveDeer caveDeer cave

look at the size of it- look how small the people are!
Mon 22nd
15min into our walk to the caves it starts raining and I mean really raining- the insides of my trainers are wet because of the rain running down my trowser leg. There is a shelter near the caves and when we get ther it just about stops raining!! We visit Lang cave which has lots of stalagtites and mites and we spot shapes and pictures in them. AN dthen walk through the huge Deer cave that could easily fit St Pauls cathedral in to it. It is full of bats which means it it full of bat poo which means it is full of cockcroaches eaing the bat poo!! At dusk we come our and back to the sheltr to wait and see if the bats will all fly out of the cave and circle of for feeding at once but it starts to rain and so the chances are less likely. At 6 most people give up, at 6.05 the bats start to come out. Not all at once but still in impressivly large groups. It was worth the wait (all 5min of it!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Deer caveDeer cave
Deer cave

big enought to comfortably fit St Pauls cathedral in.
Garden of edenGarden of eden
Garden of eden

out the back of deer cave


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb