jungle


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Gunung Mulu National Park
January 21st 2007
Published: January 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Fri 19th
Last night wemet the other half of the new group- Luc, Nathalie and Eric from french canada and Michelle from Aus. We had an early start to drive to river where we boarded weird bots that were the top half of aroplans with thee seats stuck onto boats. I got the front sleep and sleped for the first 3hr boat ride. We stoped in a small town for some food and to by sarongs and these completely rubber shoes called Addidas Campong. Then back on a different but same type of boat for about 4 hours. I sat on the roof for a bit of the trip which was good as it was sunny!!!
Finaly we got into long boats to take us to Mulu park HQ what had nice big rooms and a really good new information centre. Dinner was at a loval restaurant which we got to by all piling into the back of a pickup.

Sat 20th
We left one set of dry clothes at the HQ (we had already left most of our big bags elsewhere) and got back in the long boats. After a stop at a local village market we visited wind cave (witha cool breese coming through it) and then clearwater cave where Dee and I splashed our faces with magic youthful water. After lunch we went swimming in a natural pool.
Back in the longboats we carried on upstreem which was really shallow so we had to get our once or twice to help push. Then we arrived at the start of the 8.8km walk. I walked with Michelle and Jason and my ipod (thanks paul). Not too many mossies and didn't spot any lyches. Where we are staying is open o outside at the top of the walls and we are all in a big dorm with gym mats on the floor. I have worked out how my mossy net goes up.

Sun 21st
Suppost to be climbing up to some pinicles today but last night Dee took Jason and I to see what we would be climbing up and we both decided i didn't look like fun so sleped in. When I woke Michelle was back- she had got 1/4 of the way and turned around- if she did that then i made the right decision not to start. Instead the 3 of us and Luc walked about 1km up stream and then floated (well bumped over the rocks) back down stream. I wen over a bi of a large drop at the end that shouldn't have done but I'm still in one peice so it can't have been to bad!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Deciding not to climbDeciding not to climb
Deciding not to climb

looking up at that cliff- I was never going to make it


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb