Day 85 Malaysia, Cameron Highlands to Penang


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang » George Town
February 8th 2015
Published: February 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Followers,



Today we woke about 7.30am, showered and headed for breakfast in the guesthouse. We said goodbye to a few people we had met and then walked a short way down the road to catch our coach to Penang. It was a 5-hour journey on very comfy reclining seats at 35 RM, which takes us all the way into Georgetown (capital of Penang). When we arrived we were lucky enough for the coach to literally stop about 50m away from the hostel we had booked. We are staying in Old Penang Guesthouse, we booked a dorm last night for £5.50/night/each. It’s a little cheaper for a double room just down the road but hey that’s always the way.



We are here for 3 nights, so far looks good. Our dorm is small but nice and looks clean. We have been chatting to a girl from Holland who stayed at the fathers guest house as well and is staying here as well (small world), we invited her out for dinner with us but she had a late lunch. We headed out about 3pm but came back about 5 mins later as it was boiling, like unbelievably hot!!!



We stayed in completed the blog and tried loading photos up but the wifi is rubbish!!! We sorted out what we wanted to see here and then decided that we were both starving and headed out for lunch.



Vick is awesome at organising things and had labelled on the map all the places to eat cheap, so we headed to the red dragon hawker centre, we turned up early as nothing opened until 6pm so we had a drink and walked around to pick what we wanted. They had every type of Asian food, Filipino, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Korean and a few more I couldn’t make out!!! It was really good and cheap, Vick had prawn biryani (even I tried this and liked it) and I had chicken in soy sauce with rice and veg and soup!! Was delicious!!!



We went for a wonder round after and ended up at this Time tunnel museum, it was really interesting and had so much history about the island. After you passed through the museum you came to a 3D art show, which if you look at the photos was amazing!!! Well worth 15RM with our student discount!!!



We then headed back to the hostel to chill out, have a read and hit the hay!!!



Hope you enjoyed this,





Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb