Blog #4 Lankowi, Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
January 29th 2014
Published: January 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello again everyone! Our blogs are coming quick as we are changing locations in Malaysia every 3rd day. After a few days in Penang, we took a very fast and efficient ferry to the island of Langkawi. The trip was 3 hours but it seemed to go by fast and even had a movie playing.

Well, I made my first travel boo boo!! When booking our hotel here in Langkowi I must have accidentally clicked on Feb. instead Jan. I discovered the mistake as we were ferrying over. We just hoped they would have a vacancy but as it turned out they were fully booked up!! But luckily the hotel lady was able to get us a room across the street. Not the fancy tropical resort we had booked but it was fine. The Tropical Resort let us use their facilities and we had our breakfast there. I have learned my lesson to double check reservation dates!!

Anyway, Langkowi is a lovely island with lots of nice beaches, hotels, and restaurants. It seems to be a tourist destination for Europeans and Australians who are here to enjoy the perfect weather, ocean and water sports. We met a couple our age from England who tour around just like us. It was fun to share travelling stories with them. They are also lots of smaller islands around Langkowi with beautiful white sand beaches.

We decided to spend out time here relaxing at the beach as our previous weeks had been quite hectic touring all the sights. We really enjoyed dining out here. Fresh Sea Bass, lamp chops and Turkish cuisine to name a few. As in all parts of Malaysia the people are so friendly and eager to help you anyway they can. As well, something we really enjoy about travelling is meeting other people from all over the world. We met a young couple from Iran who were on the ferry. They both are electrical engineers who went to school in Australia, worked there for a few years and just recently got jobs in San Diego.

Tomorrow we will be up early and ready for our ferry/van transfer to Thailand where we will spend a month relaxing on the island of Koh Lanta. That's it for now. Take Care.

Mallory and Warren


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Jack FruitJack Fruit
Jack Fruit

Quite tasty
Coffee to goCoffee to go
Coffee to go

Malaysian style you get your coffee in a plastic bag with a straw. Works quite well.


29th January 2014

Couple from England
Hi! I just read your blog and wondered whether the couple from England you met are actually my best friend Theresa and her partner David, who are staying at the Tropical Resort at the moment - have been following their trip on facebook. Maybe not, but then it is a very small world! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Rachel
30th January 2014

Hi Theresa Actually their names were Cathie and Steve and they were staying at Tropical Resort!!
29th January 2014

Ahhhh!
As always, we look forward to each blog to follow your amazing and adventurous travels! Love the stories and pictures, ...it all looks fabulous!
30th January 2014

Thanks For reading Deb! How are things in Palm Springs? Hi to Ron.
30th January 2014

Looks like you are having a wonderful time as usual. Your 'glitches' seem to be working themselves out :-> I am always so paranoid about booking dates on line!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb