Day 3 - Johor / Legoland


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor
October 19th 2015
Published: April 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We started a little slower today, but still not too late. We left the hotel at about 9:30am for our 20mins drive to Legoland Malaysia.
We got there in no time and there was hardly anyone there. Parking was a breeze and there was no line to get it.
We bought our tickets there and went to make our way into the theme park, when the ticket attendant suggested if we were doing both parks we should do the water park first in case the weather changes and they can't run some rides.
On his advice we made our way to the water park about 200mtrs away and dumped our things in a locker before making our way on to the first of many water slides. There were several that required you to collect a tube to ride down on and a few where you could race someone else; I won two out of three of those.
After we were finished with the water slides, we jumped on the more relaxing ‘build a tube’ ride, which had you going around on a current moving tube where you could collect giant bits of Lego and place them on the sides of your tube. We thought we had better dry off a bit before heading to the theme park, so we got some money and bought a couple of Cornetto icecreams, this appeared to be breakfast as we had not yet had any.
After that we made our way to collect our things and make our way to the theme park. The best thing about coming to a theme park on a Monday: no lines! Everywhere we went we didn't have to wait. We smashed out all the rollercoasters and a few other rides without waiting more than a couple of minutes.
We got through all the lands pretty quickly before we decided to call it a day around 1:30pm.
We paid our 10MR ($3AUD) for parking and jumped back in the car, bound for our hotel. On the way we decided to go in search of a Subway for lunch, which lead us on a wild goose chase around the city to find Subway but no parking. So a bottle of coke between us it was for lunch; it was just too hot to eat anything anyway.
We made it back to the hotel and headed for the pool. Well, I headed for the pool, Bec headed to do an hour or so in the gym. The sun had broken through the smog a bit more today finally; we even spotted some blue sky. I laid out there for ages and eventually Bec joined me. By that time though, some clouds were coming and going. Eventually we made our way back to the room to shower and get ready to head out and find some dinner.
We jumped in the car and made our way to KSL City shopping centre. Again, it wasn't the best shopping centre and it didn't offer much in the way of food so we ended up at Pizza Hut. Why is it so hard to get some traditional Char Kuey Teow here?!
After dinner we made our way round the many levels but only bought a couple of things; this included a pair of Dr. Dre headphones for just 15MR ($5AUD) which, of course, are totally genuine haha
After that we left, calling into the servo on the way home where we managed a whole tank of fuel for only $20AUD. Bargain.
We made our way back to the hotel and changed into our jimjams. I made us a cup of tea and we did face and eye masks whilst watching Mean Girls on the TV.

Total steps: 23,349
Total kms: 18.18

Advertisement



Tot: 0.477s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 89; dbt: 0.1517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb