Johor Bahru - Gone in 17 hours!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
September 24th 2006
Published: September 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Malaysia, Truly Asia



Our JB trip started late today. After meeting my friends (Yq and March) in Chinatown at 6pm, we proceed to drive up the causeway to cross the Malaysian border. March was doing this religiously every weekend, rain or shine because he could save 50%!o(MISSING)ff his expensive petrol bills at his favourite Shell Station at JB's Taman Sri Tebrau.

Like a typical weekend, the causeway was packed with vehicles - Malaysians rushing back home after a day's work and Singaporeans for their weekend seafood therapy. I do not know if the escalating crime rates in JB have deterred Singaporeans from visiting. All I know is that we were stuck at the Woodlands customs for a good 40 minutes before reaching the Malaysian border. It was about 7.45pm when we checked in the HOTEL opposite City Square.

March drove us to his favourite stall in Taman Sentosa where it was relatively peaceful for a weekend. I read somewhere that the crime rates in this particular district is one of the highest in JB so was a bit apprehensive initially. Anyway, people went about doing their normal routines - Singaporeans stocking up on pampers and milk powder at the nearby The Store. We quickly tuck in to the delicious seafood on hand- crayfish, stingrays to fill our empty stomachs. The verdict: Yummy. Pricing: Reasonable.

It was back to the hotel room where the TV, chua dai di and chit chatting went on till the wee hours of the morning. We were supposed to join the rest of the people in Singapore tomorrow morning to conquer this Gunung Belumut in northern Johor. Unfortunately, I had developed flu and a headache in the morning of 10th September. The deal was off for me and Yq where we continued to linger on until 1pm before crossing back to Singapore. We were glad that we had spent the last 17 hours in JB without any disturbances.

5 days of precious annual leave is all the author have for 2006. Including 2 weekends, he can make plans for a 9 day trip. The author is exploring various travel plans to end his year. No, he won't be making his way to the NATAS Travel Fair next weekend at EXPO. Not that he is unwilling to part his $3 for the entry fee, but he feels even more confused with so many travel agents going all out to lure consumers' $.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb