tues day 123


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
May 27th 2015
Published: May 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After having a bit of a lay in Kate and I headed out to explore the island of Don Det. Deciding to walk south down the 2km length of the island was proving to be harder than it sounded! Must of taken us about 45 minutes not including a stop for a lovely watermelon/lemon fruit shake, at a bar owned by a nice chap from Liverpool. Carrying on we finally made it to a bridge which would take us across to another small island - Don Khone. Having to pay an entrance fee to get on the island we walked another 15 minutes to the visitor attraction - a park, a waterfall, a beach and the Mekong. Hearing the waterfall before we saw it, it was huge - crashing down over boulders you could hardly hear yourself speak. Walking through the well looked after park we found a cafe and walked down to the beach. While dipping our toes into the Mekong we saw a film crew making a documentary on fishing for the BBC no less! Making our way back across Don Khone and onto Don Det we walked back around the other side of the island to get back to the guesthouse. Much quieter on the west side, more locals and not so many bars and restaurants it was a pleasant walk back. Relaxing for a bit back at our room we headed out for some dinner - finding a burger bar run by an British girl - we stopped off and had a lovely greasy cheese burger! Afterwards we found a bar playing a continuous loop of 'friends' so we stopped off to watch a couple before walking back to our guesthouse.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb