mon day 122


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Pakse
May 27th 2015
Published: May 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Kate and I decided to leave Tad Lo today - a very pleasant place but not a huge amount to do. Before catching the bus back to Pakse we were going to go up to see the Bolaven Plateau but because of the heavy rain that was falling and visibility being about 10 metres we had to give it a miss. So instead we said our goodbyes to the lovely owners and their children, and made our way by taking the local 'smiling lady' taxi back to the main street to wait for the bus. Nearly an hour later and the bus finally arrived and only stopping for a wee in the bush on the return we made it back to Pakse. Swopping onto a songtheaw ( pronounced songtel) we finally made it 4hrs later south to Si Pan Don ( 4000 islands). An area nestled between Cambodia and Laos, made up of a lot of islands on a wide stretch of the Mekong. With only a few of the islands actually being habitual we settled for the main one being Don Det. So catching a boat from the mainland we arrived, walked to find a nice guesthouse and settled ourselves in for a couple of days. Later on Kate and I popped out for some dinner and went for a short walk, but generally feeling pretty tired from the days travelling we settled for an early night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb