Luang Probang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
August 10th 2010
Published: August 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello, today was possibly one of the best days of our travels so far. We had a lie in to recover on some sleep we've missed over the last few days before meeting Joe and Rhian (guys we met again yesterday!) at 11 for a ham and egg roll with a coffee for breakfast! We then took a tuc tuc to some waterfalls about half an hour away. Once dropped off we had to get a long boat down the Mekong for about 5 minutes before a short walk to the waterfalls. On the way we saw 4 elephants being fed their lunch, so cool! Then we arrived at the waterfalls which were just incredible, like something straight out of a movie! Yasmins putting some pics up on facebook as i write if you'd like to check it out!

After a quick inspection up stream we got into the first pool before making our way up through the rapids to the top tier of the waterfall which we had all to ourselves! We found a rock, around 2 meters above water and took the plunge, was a lot of fun! We then made our way down stream where we were confronted with an elephant walking through the pool! Was again, so surreal. We found some more rocks and even a tree to jump into the deep water from and got some great pictures. Tired from jumping and swimming we left around 4! We've just picked up our tickets for saturdays flight and are meeting Joe and Rhian at 7 to go to the night market before food and drinks on the river! Tomorrow we go on our tour of cycling and kayakking all day and then we have 2 days left to see more of this beautiful town and explore a bit more!

Speak soon!

Jamie and Yasmin

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb