Tubing!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
August 9th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Since i last wrote Yas and I went tubing down the mekong river! It was awesome, so much fun. Went with 3 people we'd met on journy to Vang Vien. We jumped on our tubes 5KM up stream and as we went down stopped off at make shift bars along the way! The first bar we went to had a swing rope into the river that both me and Yasmin tackled! Was so much fun, the second bar we went to we played volleyball in a mud bath and the third bar we were happy to sit and watch others make fools of themselves! After the third bar we floated down stream for 20 minutes in the most amazing scenery. Was so surreal to be floating in a rubber tube down the Mekong river with beautiful mountains one side and make shift bars on the other! In the evening we got together with our friends again and watched the charity shield over a few beers and a curry!

This morning we left at 9am for our 6 hour bus journey up to Luang Probang. An hour in to the journey we had to change our tyres after a puncture and then we were stopped due to a mud slide across the road all the while trying to avoid pigs, cows, dogs and people on the road! Was a beautiful journey through the mountains in lao and watching out the window as local people lived in huts on the road, everyone seemed so happy! We made it here around 3.30 and booked ourselves into a guesthouse for the night before heading into town. Randomly we bumped into the British couple we met up with in Vientiane a couple of days ago so we've arranged to meet them for food in an hour or so. Has been so cool meeting loads of different people from our time both in Vietnam and already in Lao. After an ice coffee on the river we've booked flights from here to Vientiane for saturday afternoon. We are going to a waterfall tomorrow with our friends and then have booked on an all day Biking and Kayaking tour on wednesday which should be awesome!

Will update next after wednesday!

Jamie and Yasmin xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb