Shinjuku!!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
September 26th 2010
Published: October 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wow, I have a lot of entrys back dated on here so far because I have been way too busy to update the blog. Anyway, So I went to Shinjuku this week with some friends for a night on the town. Shinjuku is known for it's exciting night life, big lights, and numerous other things. So, I decided to check it out and see what all of the fuss was about.

This week was the week of the TGS , so i figured instead of going to a traditional bar with some friends, why not go to a bar that should be geared towards video games? We got to some searching on the internet and found a bar entirely dedicted to mario games! The name of the bar is Muteki Mario, meaning invincible mario. How awesome is that??

The place was pretty tiny as you can see from the pictures, there were about 12 seats at the bar with a couch in the corner. The place seemed to be pretty hopping considering most people were turned away because there wasnt much room inside the bar. At the bar, there were 4 controllers for a nintendo wii that you were allowed to play while you enjoyed your drink. try finding that in the states! haha.

As far as i'm concerned, shinjuku had a really great atmosphere and all of the people were very friendly. However, I wasnt surprised at all by the number of gaijin that were walking around in the area. It seems to be a pretty popular tourist attraction with amazing nightlife. I definitely suggest you go if you get the chance. =)


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

muteki mariomuteki mario
muteki mario

drink menu
muteki mariomuteki mario
muteki mario

drink menu
muteki mariomuteki mario
muteki mario

jamey-kun
muteki mariomuteki mario
muteki mario

spencer-kun


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb