back in osaka. not long til OZ


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
August 9th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hi
well im back in osaka and feeling the heat again

did a few more cool things in kyoto. staying in the kawaramachi area or downtown kyoto, busy area. used the buses alot, the best way to get around.
imperial palace tour was good , but nijo-jo castle is a better place to visit. it was the palace before the emperor(ess) moved to the imperial fulltime (now in tokyos imperial palace. see i am learning stuff too.)
tried to go to the international manga museum but it was closed for a national holiday apparently.

gion was a great place too. at 6pm or so many geishas come out to work.....and when they did there was 20 or so people, cameras ready to flash-photo them like a pack of filthy paparazzi. i just a quiet shot of a geisha walking past me.
and then after days of promise, it rained. thank god! cooling. (i checked bbc online for weather reports, wont bother in future. they just thought cos its had a typhoon it must be rainy, instead its not dropped below 32degrees, and been sunny constantly)

have not done much since being back, however did spend an evening at marks uni, on a dorm roof drinking looking out over osaka at night. great view.
as this was the last time most people were going spend together, they decided to play a few tricks on campus.
so at about 3am, we threw a load of cones and road partition stuff into the pool from a roof.
and then i hung a manniquin from the roof of a building. doesnt sound clever i know but hay, not my campus not my problem. anyway after little sleep and being woken by a irate cleaner, i thought i could spend the day spending no money for once. no chance so im bleeding money, but thats japan for you!

off to nara tomorrow to see world heritage sights and feed tame deer hopefully.
will inform of these goings on over the weekend.
i dont think theres any other japan news so now my attention turns to OZ.
have booked a place in perth, and will do the same for fremantle for at least a week too.
i cant wait to just do nothing for a while, or less. lying on a beach and so on.
stop spending the dollars as much and relax.
once i arrive and get a feel ill book my trains to melbourne via the indian pacific and the other one(whoops forgot!) and get myself in order.

cant wait to get there and over the time catch up with those guys who live on the giant island.
looking forward to good food and VB
and progressing the suntan by taking off my tshirt and blending my darkening arms all over.
(look like a proper englishmen with a ever obvious tshirt tanline!)



Advertisement



13th August 2007

hey thom let me tell you there is no sun here at the moment, it has been raining for like a month dtraight it feels and freezing aswell. ok well not like what you are used to but still cold we are in jumpers ALL the time. me and kristy are def going to catch up with you in freo, prob hit the town we thought. the night we come in we will stay in freo in the backpackers, thats what we usually do as the cabs adn things are to much what are the train prices like to get to melb coz the flights are as cheap as at the moments, unless you are doing it forthe scenery. anyways catch up soon nat

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb