nara....& back again


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Nara » Nara
August 13th 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well ?!#well ?!#well ?!#

trying to blend in...........badly
hello
well first off nara was great wasnt there long, but its well worth going to, at least to go the temple and see the 16m high buddha.
you can also try and climb/slide thru the the lucky pillar, i did try but as soon as my skinny ribs felt the inclosed space i flipped. (the same feeling as when i watch that dude in the pipe in 'aliens')

anyway, havent done any other excursions.
mole has now gone to hawaii, so im just bumming around til my flight, and catching mark a bit.
its quite funny, mole spent 2 weeks winding me up that hes gonna sit on a beach in the sun and do nowt else, and i read that hawaii could be hit by a tropical storm. hope怀he'l be cool but he may have the luck as the typhoon in japan missed us too.

one really nice thing ive done is gone to expo commerative park, with its weird arcitecture and massive japanese garden. i spent the day doing nothing, lying down and started to read 'the lord of the rings' (finally). thats my travel reading book, i read very slow!

also went to see transformers in english, as did many japanese. maybe learning how to say 'holy shit big alien robot' in english.
anyway

got my hostels sorted for oz, so its just a hop, skip and 2 flights and im there.
i will bore you with those details, and many others once ive settled in.
its a shame its not cricket season, my first hostel is round the corner from the waca (western australian cricket ground to those who dont care or know). maybe some other sports are played they!

well signing off for now. easy

thommy


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb